Kevin is a co-founding partner of the firm and over the course of his nearly twenty-year career, he has built an impeccable reputation as a trial lawyer through his aggressive pursuit of justice. Kevin has tried over seventy-five cases to verdict representing large corporations, insurance companies, small private companies and individual clients in a diverse variety of civil disputes including general commercial litigation, shareholder disputes, employment litigation, insurance defense, products liability, medical malpractice, premise liability, truck accidents and personal injury. The cases that Kevin litigates often involve wrongful death and catastrophic injury including brain damage, amputation or paralysis. Kevin regularly appears in the state and federal courts as well as an array of administrative agencies and forums in both Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Kevin is deeply committed to protecting his clients. Through detailed analysis, extensive investigation and vast knowledge of the law, he takes apart each case piece by piece to devise the best strategy to maximize his clients’ result.
Over $20 million dollars for clients recovered.
- Kevin represented a construction worker who sustained serious injuries when he fell nearly sixty feet off a scaffold. His injuries included multiple broken bones and a mild/moderate head injury. The worker recovered from most of the physical injuries but he continued to be affected by the head injury, preventing him from working on a full-time basis. Shortly after the trial began, the defense agreed to settle the case for Three Million Two Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($3,250,000.00).
- Kevin represented the estate of a twenty-nine-year-old motorcyclist who was struck by a car at the top of a bridge. The motorcycle driver was catapulted off the bike and plunged over the bridge nearly 50 feet to his death. After three years of litigation, the case was settled for Three Million Dollars ($3,000,000.00).
- Kevin represented an eighty-two-year-old woman who suffered a neurologic injury as a result of medical negligence. After two years of litigation, the defendant agreed to a settlement in the amount of Two Million Seven Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($2,750,000.00).
- Kevin represented a 77 year old man who sustained a serious leg fracture after falling out of a wheelchair. Shortly after the commencement of the trial, Kevin was able to secure a settlement for his client in the amount of ($2,250,000.00).
- Kevin represented a construction worker who sustained serious personal injury when he inhaled toxic fumes on a job site which caused injury to his lungs. Shortly before trial, Kevin was able to secure a settlement for his client in the amount of ($1,650,000.00).
- Kevin represented a 45-year-old woman who was involved in a serious motorcycle accident. As a result of the accident, the woman sustained multiple broken bones as well as a vestibular injury. Shortly before the trial, the insurer for the individual who caused the accident settled for the policy limit of One Million Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars ($1,250,000.00).
- Kevin represented two individuals whose home experienced mold contamination after water entered the same following a rain storm. The homeowners' insurance company did not properly remediate the mold and as a result, the house became uninhabitable. Kevin pursued a claim on the homeowners' behalf against their insurance company, and after several years of litigation, the claim was settled in the amount Nine Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($950,000).
- Kevin represented a 42 year old man who sustained serious personal injury when he fell while trying to secure and transport a dumpster while working for a trash hauling company. The injuries (which included a fractured vertebra) caused him chronic pain on a permanent basis. At the beginning of the case, it did not appear as though the defendants had any insurance, but through Kevin’s hard work and diligence, he was able to establish that the primary defendant had coverage under two (2) other insurance policies and shortly thereafter, the insurance companies paid the total policy limits available under both policies in the amount of ($800,000.00).
- Kevin represented a 50-year-old man whose arm was injured in a construction accident. The day before the commencement of the trial, the case settled for Seven Hundred and Seventy Five Thousand Dollars ($775,000.00).
- Kevin represented an individual whose home was uninhabitable as a result of a fire ignited by a co-inhabitant in the home. After a four week trial, the jury found the co-inhabitant liable for the fire and returned a verdict in favor of Kevin’s client in excess of Six Hundred Thousand Dollars ($600,000.00).
- Kevin is licensed to practice law in the following courts:
- All Rhode Island State Courts
- Rhode Island Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- All Massachusetts State Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States First Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, MA, Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, 1992
- St. Anselm College, Manchester, NH, Bachelor of Arts (Political Science), 1989
Professional Affiliations and Associations
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Providence College, Providence, RI
- Member of the Adjunct Faculty, Law Department, 1998-Present
- Jewelers Shipping Association, Cranston, RI
- Member of Board of Directors, 2009-Present
- Bishop Hendricken High School
- Chairman, Board of Directors, 2011-Present
- Vice Chairman, Board of Directors, 2008-2011
- Member, Board of Directors, 2006-2008
- Alumni Board President, 2002-2003
- Chairperson of Alumni Phase of Capital Campaign, 2004
- RI Special Olympics
- Co-Chair of the annual fund event that raised over $100,000 which represented over 10% of the organization’s annual budget, 2007
- RI Volunteer Lawyers Association
- Kevin has handled a variety of cases for individuals who could not afford legal service. The cases range from landlord/tenant matters, collection and/or family law matters, 1994- Present
- Literacy Volunteers of America
- Member, Board of Directors for Providence Chapter 1994-1996
- Instructor 1992-1995
Honors and Distinctions
- Suffolk University Law School Mock Trial Competition
- Finalist, 1992
- American Bar Association Mock Trial Competition, Northeast Region
- Semi-Finalist, 1992
- Bishop Hendricken High School Hall of Fame
- Inductee, 2003
- Outside the office, Kevin’s principal focus is his family: his wife Susan and their four children, Kevin Jr., Brendan, Patrick, and Mia Grace. In the warm weather, the Daleys take full advantage of Rhode Island’s recreational resources by spending time at the Ocean State’s southern beaches, boating on Lower Narragansett Bay and bike riding. In the winter, the Daleys enjoy alpine skiing in New Hampshire and Vermont. During his infrequent time alone, Kevin loves to golf.